1. In this factory, suggestions often have to wait for months before they are fully _____.
2. The boy slipped out of the room and headed for the swimming pool without his parents’
3. Our research has focused on a drug which is so _____ as to be able to change brain
4. She was afraid that unless the train speeded up she would lose her _____ to Scotland.
5. No one has _____ been able to trace the author of the poem.
6. More than one-third of the Chinese in the United States live in California, _____ in San
7. The new secretary has written a remarkably _____ report only in a few pages but with all
8. The managing director took the _____ for the accident, although it was not really his
9. The worker agreed to _____ the strike if the company would satisfy their demands.
A. call for
B. call forth
C. call off
D. call up
10. I could just see a car in the distance, but I couldn't _____ what color it was.
A. look out
B. make out
C. get across
D. take after