1. Under the new law, consumers are entitled to ____ if products malfunction or fail to perform as promised.
A. compensated B. compensate C. compensating D. compensation
2. During the one-month trial period, customers are under no ____ to sign any contracts.
A. pledge B. promise C. obligation D. engagement
3. Educational expenses are tax-deductible ____ the taxpayer can show that these expenses enhanced his or her professional skills or expertise.
A. only if B. as if C. as many as D. as much as
4. If you cannot make up your mind ____ destination to choose for your summer holidays, why not talk with our experienced travel consultants?
A. whom B. which C. on D. about
5. The Public Transport Commission's commitment to running our city's trains and buses as ____as possible has reduced costs to the taxpayer by 5%.
A. efficient B. efficiency C. efficiently D. efficiencies
6. ____ you want to receive additional information regarding the services we offer, please log onto our website at www.healthclub.com today.
A. If B. For C. Despite D. Whether
7. Sandy Duncan was handpicked by the general manager to head the next project because of ____ experience in this field.
A. her B. hers C. herself D. she
8. The changes made in the working conditions at our company resulted in remarkable improvements in all aspects of our business and ____ more so in the morale of our employees.
A. all B. any C. even D. although
9. All commuters ____ the main highway to get to the center of the city will face delays of up to an hour today because of on-going construction.
A. use B. used C. using D. will use
10. ____ the job market is not stable, those who persist will be able to land jobs eventually.
A. Whatever B. Therefore C. Even if D. So that